Its been over 20 days since my ear surgery and I am happy to say that I am recovering well.
Its not as quick as I had anticipated however my doctor thinks its satisfactory. Healing is a gradual process or so, I have learned.
The Good stuff
- I have resumed my normal routine and have joined college again.
- I am able to work without any discomfort or issues.
- Pain & swelling post surgery have all subsided and my ear looks just fine
- I should be able to hear again from operated ear in about 45 days time
- The cotton swabs and bandages are all off.
- The sutures have healed and there’s no scar! yay!
The Bad stuff
- Ear discharge still persists and needs cleaning up every few hours or so
- Its a little annoying to keep cleaning up your ear but I guess that’s part of the recovery process too.
- Although not being able to hear from one side is not much of an issue, it needs a little getting used to in college where you need to listen to friends,folks and sometimes even the professors.
In all I am happy with my progress. I did not experience any major issues and it all fell in place.
Each day was an improvement and made me feel better. Although, I do have to admit the first week was a little uncomfortable due to the discomfort and mild pain from time to time.
I am hoping to be able to hear again in the next few weeks. All the best to me!